StripViewSuites collected 15 facts you have never heard about Las Vegas.Hope you’ll enjoy them!
- It would take 288 years for one person to spend one night in every hotel room in Las Vegas.
- The Las Vegas Strip is the brightest place on Earth when looked at from outer space.
- The Bronze lion outside of the MGM Grand Hotel weighs 50 tons, making it the largest bronze sculpture in the country.
- At 1,149 feet, the Stratosphere Las Vegas is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the nation.
- Mobster Bugsy Siegel named his casino, The Flamingo, after his showgirl girlfriend, whose long legs garnered her the same name.
- The largest sum won on the Las Vegas slot machines was at the Excalibur. After putting in $100, a 25 year-old software engineer won $39 million, beating the odds at the time for 1 in 16.7 million
- There’s a heavy equipment playground called Dig This in Las Vegas where you can drive bulldozers for fun.
- The Luxor Las Vegas’ Sphinx, a re-creation of the Great Sphinx of Giza, is 101 feet high and larger than the original.
- Las Vegas casinos never use dice with rounded corners.
- By the number of rooms, the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino is the largest hotel in the country and the 2nd largest in the world.
- There are over 300 weddings per day in Las Vegas, making it the top wedding destination in the US and second only to Istanbul for the most number of weddings in a single city.
- Frederick W. Smith, the founder and CEO of FedEx, saved his company by gambling in Las Vegas. He took FedEx’s last $5,000 to Sin City and won $27,000 while gambling on blackjack, paying for the company’s $24,000 fuel bill.
- There’s estimated to be at least 1,000 people living beneath Vegas in underground tunnels
- In some Asian cultures, the number 4 is thought to be bad luck. For that reason, some hotels in Vegas have no floors that start with the number 4.
- A study conducted in 2013 showed that 15% of people come to Las Vegas primarily to gamble, but 71% gamble during their visit.
Come to Las Vegas and stay with StripViewSuites.com